Shariah Compliant Wills
Just Wills Al Wasiyya is the only company that has received a certificate from the Islamic Affairs of Dubai (The Awqaf) that we can draft Wills for the Muslims according to the Islamic Shariah.
There are texts available from the Quran on the importance of making sure that Muslims follows the exact distribution of their estate in accordance with the Islamic Shariah.
Surah An Nisa
Verse 13. These are the limits (set by) Allah (or ordainments as regards laws of inheritance), and whosoever obeys Allah and His Messenger (Muhammad) will be admitted to Gardens under which rivers flow (in Paradise), to abide therein, and that will be the great success.
Verse 14. And whosoever disobeys Allah and His Messenger (Muhammad), and transgresses His limits, He will cast him into the Fire, to abide therein; and he shall have a disgraceful torment.
And according to the Sunnah of the Prophet Muhammad PBUH:
"It is not permissible for any Muslim who has something to Will to stay two nights without having his Last Will & Testament written and kept ready with him" Sahih Bukhari Book of Wills Volume 4, Book 51, Number 1.
Why would a Muslim require a Will:
- As many Muslims own properties in non Muslim countries the importance of having a Shariah Will becomes almost compulsory for them. Every country has a different Inheritance System so if a Muslim has assets in the UK and was to die his estate will be distributed according to the UK Laws not to the Islamic Shariah.
- It is very important to set up Guardians for your children in case both parents were to pass away who will look after the children. There are many people who are entering Islam. Imagine if a Revert was to die and there are disputes with who will look after the children. The Will is the only documents that can establish the true guardians of your children.
- Not forgetting that every Muslim is allowed to bequeath up to a maximum 1/3rd of their wealth to charity for “Sadqa Jaria” purposes. This can only happen if there is a valid Will.
For further information please visit www.alwasiyya.com.
Our Shariah Compliant Wills are duly approved by the following institutions/Scholars:
- The Islamic Affairs of Dubai (The Awqaf)
- Shariah Courts of Pakistan.
- Darul Iftaa (UK)
- Dr. Mohamed Salah of Huda TV
- Dr. Zakir Naik – Peace TV.